Fusilli con Sausage + Escarole
1 pound fusilli
1 pound sweet Italian sausage (removed from casing)
2 cloves garlic, sliced thin
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 large head of escarole, boiled for 20 minutes and roughly chopped
¼ cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Bring 6 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot and add 2 tablespoons of salt.
- In a 12-inch saute pan, heat oil on mediuym heat. Break the sausage into small pieces and add to the pan with the sliced garlic and cook until lightly browned.
- Once the sausage and garlic are browned, add the blanched escarole and stir it in the pan, then add a 2oz ladle of the pasta water and let it simmer, adding one more ladle if needed.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in the boiling water. one minute shy of the package instructions, or until al dente. Drain well (but do not rinse) and add the pasta to the simmering sauce.
- Remove from heat and toss the pasta with grated Parmigiano and 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil. Serve immediately!
See the recipe
Yumbang Oh Yeah
Fusilli con Sausage + Escarole at Otto
Otto is known for its pizza, but chef Dan Drohan makes a slew of fantastic pasta as well. Watch him cook up this satisfying bowl of fusilli with sausage and escarole.
Read the recipe