Introducing Belcampo by Mario Batali – a line of slow-cured salumi products that combine traditional Italian and Italian-American meat-curing techniques.
Belcampo by Mario Batali spotlights pastured and free-range heritage pork raised on Belcampo Farms and processed via their USDA-approved butchery in California’s Shasta Valley. Mario has created recipes to highlight Belcampo’s proprietary breed of mature hogs resulting in full-flavored product; offerings include:
- Spicy Pepperoni: Classic Italian spicy pepperoni with an American twist. This lightly-smoked pepperoni has beautiful pork flavor with notes of fennel, paprika and cayenne. $13 each (8 oz.)
- Mild Pepperoni: (Coming this spring)
- Traditional Salami: Traditional salami made with the simplest ingredients to highlight Belcampo’s heritage pork including red wine, black pepper and garlic. $16.25 each (8 oz.)
- Cotechino: Lightly spiced with cloves and nutmeg, this Italian cooked sausage is featured in bollito misto and also traditionally enjoyed during New Year’s Eve celebrations bringing good luck to all. $13 each (1 lb.)
- Mortadella: Delicate, airy and smooth, this classic mortadella is flecked with pistachios and seasoned with allspice and garlic. $11 /lb.
Certified organic by California Certified Organic Farmers and certified a humane handling facility by Animal Welfare Approved, Belcampo Meat Co.’s animals live in low-stress environments, raised traditionally on pasture with non-GMO feed, clean water and fresh air. Belcampo’s hogs are a unique cross of Ossabaw, Berkshire and Duroc, boasting a deep, full-bodied flavor, as well as beautiful ruby color meat and luscious fat.