Welcome back to the Kitchen Spotlight, where we break down kitchen tools for the home cook and provide a delicious recipe and/or video that uses that tool. Today we focus on the versatile Soup Pot (hint: It’s not just for soup).
- Stew Pot
- Multi Pot
- Stock Pot
- Reducing stews or soups
- Cooking polenta, risotto and other foods that require a frequent stir
- Whisking (rounded ends make it easy)
- Easy-to-clean enamel finish
- Lids should fit perfectly, so flavors get trapped and no air gets in.
- Wide sloped sides (makes stirring easier!)
- A pot that is also oven-safe
- An attractive soup pot that you can proudly bring straight from the stove to the table
HOW TO CLEAN:
- If there are left over food bits, fill the pan with warm water and let soak for about 15 minutes before washing.
- Wash with a warm paper-towel or a sponge but do not use an abrasive scrub!
MARIO RECOMMENDS (OF COURSE!):
SERVE THIS IN YOUR SOUP POT
Mario’s Summer Gazpacho (Find the recipe here!)